Total cook time: 8-10 minutes
¼ cabbage sliced
1 shredded carrot
5 green onions
Hand full of sprouts (if you have them)
Hand full of rice noodles (or cooked dry spaghetti)
2-3 Tbs. soy sauce
2-3 Tbs. tamarind sauce (or mix together ½ soy sauce and ½ ketchup)
5 tsp. liquid sugar
2-3 Tbs. vegetable or olive oil
½ – ¾ C. mixed seafood (NO fish!) or chicken
3-4 slices of lime (optional)
- Heat oil in the wok.
- Add the seafood or chicken with one egg and scramble together for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the noodles and soy sauce and cook on medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tamarind sauce (or mixture) and stir while cooking for a minute.
- Add the carrots and cabbage and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in 5 tsp. liquid sugar then add sprouts and green onion and cook for another minute then serve with slices of lime on the side.
*All measurements were estimated by eye. Tum didn’t have measuring cups in her kitchen. Adjust all measurements to your preferred tastes. Remember cooking is fun and creative…play around with it.